Historic Homes for Sale in Shenandoah Valley, VA
The Shenandoah Valley is a region in western Virginia that’s part of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. The valley is a major cultural landmark filled with historical and heritage sites. Many of the homes in the region retain much of their history, with large homesteads, colonial structures, and estate homes built during the colonial years still present to this day. Aside from these historic homes, you’ll also find a wealth of outdoor attractions scattered throughout Shenandoah Valley, offering ample recreation to the many families living in the community. Should you be interested in learning more about currently listed historic homes for sale in Virginia, please feel free to contact me today.
HISTORIC HOMES: Owning a piece of history, Historic Homes are a great way of taking in the rich culture and history of the Shenandoah Valley. The region is home to several historical homes that help preserve available to buyers looking for a property in the area. These homes offer several benefits, including publicly funded programs, specialized financing, and possible tax breaks that future owners are sure to appreciate.
ESCAPE INTO THE COUNTRYSIDE: Escape the tedium and hassle of urban living by finding your dream home in the Shenandoah Valley. The rural areas and uniquely small-town feel of the region are sure to please buyers that have long wanted to move out of the big metropolitan areas and find a quiet home in the countryside.
VAST OUTDOORS: Aside from its extensive selection of historic attractions, the Shenandoah Valley is also known for its diverse offerings of outdoor activities that you’re sure to enjoy with family and friends. Take nature adventures along the many famous hiking trails and nature preserves throughout the region, or enjoy horseback riding in the vast open valleys in the valley. Once you’ve finished exploring the countryside, go into one of the many towns to enjoy a delicious meal served by friendly locals.
5 Real Estate Facts about Shenandoah Valley
- A significant region of the Shenandoah Valley remained unscathed during the civil war, and as such, many homes built before the war have been preserved through the years.
- These historic homes can be found throughout the valley, including Downtown districts of cities and towns and in secluded villages scattered throughout the region.
- Historic homes come with a varied price range: modest single-family homes priced under $500,000, larger estate residences priced over a million-plus, and anything in between available to interested buyers.
- There’s an equally diverse selection for a typical year build for these historical residences. Some homes were as early as the 1700s, and some newer households were constructed in the early 20th century.
- You’ll find an extensive collection of architectural styles throughout Shenandoah Valley, highlighting famous home models developed in different centuries.
Shenandoah Valley Real Estate Information
$200 - $3,000
Latest homes for sale in Shenandoah Valley
Shenandoah Valley Map
The Shenandoah Valley is partially bounded to the north by the Potomac River, east by the Blue Ridge Mountains, south by the James River, and west by the Appalachians. During its early colonial years, the valley also incorporated the Roanoke Valley to the south and the Virginia Highlands to the west. You’ll find beautiful mountain ranges, winding rivers, well-preserved forested areas, and vast open spaces perfect for agriculture and grazing in this region.
Ready to take the next step?
It’s my good fortune to grow up in this beautiful region that has deep roots in American history. From an early age I’ve explored the gorgeous countryside of Central Virginia, often on the back of a horse. As a proud owner of a historic home, I’m particularly familiar with the quirks and charms of the older properties in our area. My experience with historic properties makes me especially qualified to assist you with the purchase or sale of one of these unique properties.