Virginia Historic Homes for Sale (1850-1900)
As the twentieth-century approaches, an increasing number of properties have been established throughout Virginia, with the majority of these being invested in the state’s northern, central, and eastern regions. Between 1830 and 1890, homes and barns were built for everyday use by ordinary people. These structures were constructed from a variety of available local building materials. Common people usually built Vernacular-style homes without formal training and architectural plans. The houses were built to meet the needs of the people in a particular time and place. If you require assistance in discovering a unique home that meets your lifestyle, please do not hesitate to contact our staff at any time, and we will assist you in locating your ideal home in Virginia.
AFFORDABLE HOMES: Several residences for sale in the state are priced below $300,000, yet they certainly provide a comfortable living environment and high-quality features. Many of these more affordable homes are on several acres in the state’s rural areas. Fruit-bearing trees may be found on the property, along with a beautiful vegetable garden spot. Most homes in this price category include one to three bedrooms and one to two bathrooms, making them an excellent choice for people seeking a new place to call home in Virginia.
LUXURY ESTATES: As an alternative to moderately priced residences, there is also a broad selection of gorgeous and exquisite homes to choose from throughout Virginia. These magnificent estates are built on more extensive tracts of land, and they are often accompanied by various outbuildings that make excellent equestrian facilities.
OPULENT ELEMENTS: These beautiful properties have elements that exude luxury, like soaring ceilings, crown moldings, custom millwork, exquisite window features, and a grand staircase that will greet you as you approach these classy residences. One of the best features of these residences is a separate breakfast room and vast living quarters. Kitchens are frequently outfitted with glass front cabinets, painted cabinets, granite worktops, a kitchen island, and a large pantry, ideal for gifted individuals with incredible culinary abilities. In Virginia, luxury estates are regarded as excellent real estate investments since these houses are designed with a lot of character and exceptional qualities that help to maximize their value over time.
5 Real Estate Facts about Virginia Historic Homes (1850-1900)
- • Residences typically range from $200,000 to $4,000,000, depending on the housing style and the property’s characteristics.
- Residential property in various architectural styles was constructed between 1850 and 1900, creating multiple options for purchasers. Colonial, Federal, Farmhouse, Georgian, and Vernacular styles are often seen in building two-story homes.
- Additional structures are commonly seen on estate properties in the area, including spring house, workshop, equipment shed, garden shed, storage building, and stables fit to accommodate equestrian lifestyle.
- Large lots ranging from 1 acre to 400 acres are standard, with interior living space ranging from 1,200 sqft. – 10,000 sqft.
- Residences are furnished with multiple bedrooms and bathroom configurations, typically varying from one to twenty-seven bedrooms and one to twelve bathrooms, depending on the total size of the property or estate.
Homes for Sale Virginia Historic Homes (1850-1900)
Ready to take the next step?
It’s my good fortune to grow up in this beautiful region that has deep roots in American history. From an early age I’ve explored the gorgeous countryside of Central Virginia, often on the back of a horse. As a proud owner of a historic home, I’m particularly familiar with the quirks and charms of the older properties in our area. My experience with historic properties makes me especially qualified to assist you with the purchase or sale of one of these unique properties.